It’s almost that annual day where we have a chance to put Mom on a pedestal and ensure she knows just how much she is appreciated for all she does. Don’t forget – Sunday is Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day in the U.S. always falls on the second Sunday in May and started with Julia Ward Howe’s Mother’s Day Proclamation in 1870, which was later made an official holiday via Anna M. Jarvis in 1908. The holiday has roots in other areas of the world, as well. For example, one of the earliest versions of Mother’s Day was generated by the ancient Egyptians to honor the goddess Isis, who was frequently referred to as, ‘The Mother of the Pharaohs.’
While Mom isn’t technically a ‘goddess,’ that doesn’t mean she shouldn’t be treated as one! If you’re struggling with what to get Mom this Mother’s Day, check out this top-5 list of budget-friendly ideas from Rug Doctor that will assuredly spark your creative spirit to make this Mother’s Day one to remember.
1. Your Time: Mom’s busy; you’re always busy. One of the best gifts you can give Mom is simply your time. Spend the day at an outside picnic, movie or just chatting over coffee, and she will surely appreciate it.
2. Something Personal: Gifts that take time, thought and show you put forth effort are always a win for her. Think a collage of pictures, a letter, a picture you painted – anything that shows your own style to remind Mom of you.
3. Her Favorite Flowers: Of course, flowers are always a go-to for this holiday. Does she have a favorite flower? Favorite color? Pair the flowers with a unique vase and brighten Mom’s day.
4. A Gift Certificate: Sometimes, it’s hard to pinpoint exactly what Mom would enjoy for Mother’s Day. What would she like to do that she never does for herself? Pamper Mom with a spa day, pedicure, or something else she enjoys. Don’t forget a memorable card for a personal touch!
5. Taking over the ‘Mom Duties’ for the Weekend: Mom’s to-do list is always a mile long, and she probably wouldn’t object to some help. Does she have errands you could run? Does the house need an overall run through? If it’s the latter, don’t forget to check out Rug Doctor’s great products and cleaning tips to get Mom’s house sparkling clean!
Don’t just take it from us; see what our Rug Doctor Roundtable bloggers suggest for Mother’s Day in the linked posts below. Hint: some of them include giveaways!
For all the Mother’s out there, thank you for all you do!
Lauren McCann is a Rental Brand Manager and spokesperson for Rug Doctor.