Few spots in the home are more difficult to clean than staircases, and it can be quite a daunting task. Vacuuming is not enough to keep your carpet clean, especially if your stairs get a lot of traffic from kids and pets.
Luckily, Rug Doctor’s Upholstery Tool is perfect for cleaning tight spaces, such as stairs; and with its long hose (12 feet), you don’t have to maneuver a large carpet cleaning machine up and down your stairs.
Here are a few things to keep in mind during the process:
• When renting a Rug Doctor machine, be sure to also rent the Upholstery Tool. The rental fee is usually around $3 for 24 hours. Always check our website coupon locator first for savings in your area
• Don’t forget to purchase Upholstery Cleaner and Anti Foam
• Thoroughly vacuum your stairs first to remove larger debris and lose dirt
• Pre-treat existing stains with a product like Rug Doctor’s Hi-Traffic Pre-Treatment
• Visit our website for specific instructions on cleaning with the Upholstery Tool
• Attach the Upholstery Tool and set the machine to “ON” for Upholstery / Hand Tool cleaning and use the Rug Doctor cleaning formula of your choice
• Start at the top of the stairs and work your way down
• Work at a slow, steady pace
• Use extra caution anytime you’re cleaning stairs
In addition to being great for stairs, the Upholstery Tool is perfect for other difficult and hard-to-reach areas, such as couches and even inside your car.
For additional cleaning tips and advice, be sure to check out our website.