1. Have a specific theme or focus for your bash. Do you want it to be scary or more of a celebration of fall? Here are a few suggestions: consider a couples costume contest, a pumpkin decorating party or even a carnival theme. I have even seen a “host your own funeral” party and this made guests’ costumes simple by asking them to dress as “mourners.” Most of all pick something that is comfortable for you and gets your guests participating in the fun as well.
2. Send out your invitations early and make sure to include the details. Let them know the specific location, time of the party and whether or not costumes are encouraged. Is it an adult only shindig or are children welcome? This will help your guests make the decision and add it to the calendar when the invites arrive.
3. Use resources online like Pinterest and StumbleUpon. A quick search for “Halloween Party” will bring up tons of great ideas for fun activities and games for every age of party-goer and allow you to gather a plethora of ideas in a short amount of time.
4. Beverages and food are important parts of a fun party. Decide ahead of time if you will keep it simple or go for something more elaborate. A potluck style party cuts down on costs and takes away some of the pressure on you. Another great tip is to prepare as much as you can in the days leading up to the event and don’t try to do it all yourself. Lastly, be sure to offer options. Consider that some guests don’t drink alcohol or certain people may need a gluten-free option.
5. Be sure to relax and have fun; isn’t that the whole point of getting together with your friends and family? If you’re running around cleaning up during the party or worrying about spills and food blunders, you won’t be able to enjoy the occasion and neither will your guests. Knowing that clean-up will be a breeze with an easy Rug Doctor rental sets your mind at ease. For those scary messes, the Rug Doctor Stain Guide will provide information to return your home to its pre-party state in a flash.
What makes a great party for you? The food, the costumes or something totally different? Tell us in the comments!!