Let’s face it, August can be a bit hectic. The kids are coming back from summer camp and getting ready to return back to school. It’s the beginning of the end of the last days of summer and a crisp autumn is on the horizon (depending on where you reside!). Shopping, housekeeping and getting your Labor Day plans in order can take a toll on your priorities, like cleaning. In honor of “National Simplify your Life Week,” here are five ways to simplify cleaning:
- Freshen the Air in your Home: Breathe in fresher air by changing air filters so you can throw out any dirt or mold that may have accumulated during the summer months. Changing filters doesn’t take much time but can make a big difference.
- Deep-clean your Carpet: Keep the memories of summer vacations. Get rid of the residue it leaves behind like dirt, mud and stains. Deep clean your carpets with Rug Doctor products, such as our Oxy Steam® Carpet Cleaner. Average rooms can take less than 20 minutes to clean!
- Clear up Window Streaks: Look outside and take a moment to enjoy your view. Look even closer and you may see water marks or streaks. Try some window spray, and it’ll clear up any foggy or hazy views. Tackle one room at a time so this task doesn’t seem overwhelming.
- Let Dishes Dry in the Dishwasher: Don’t want to use the dishwasher but you’re tired of letting dishes dry on the counter? Try stacking them in the dishwasher to dry. It leaves clean kitchen counter space and is a nifty way to store!
- Make Clean up a Family Affair: Cleaning can seem like a grueling task if it’s left up to one person. Assigning tasks and having the entire family join in can not only make the process go by more quickly, it can provide more bonding time!
Keeping a clean house ensures a clean space to think and organize. For additional advice, visit our Cleaning Tips site.
Lauren McCann is a Rental Brand Manager and spokesperson for Rug Doctor